For a more up-to-date photo virtual tour please click here.
The In Balance Ranch Academy is located on 125 acres near Tombstone, Arizona. The tranquil ranch setting provides the perfect, safe, drug-free environment for our students to develop emotionally, socially and academically. Mountain ranges serves as a backdrop to a peaceful desert landscape that promotes self-reflection and serenity.
Modeled after an old west town, our campus facilities include:
- Unique student cottages that provide a sense of home experience
- Staff and administrative offices
- Large dining facility with a commercial kitchen for our culinary courses
- Recreation patio with pool, ping-pong, and foosball tables
- Several barns and riding arenas
- Physical education facilities, including a weight room, a basketball court, soccer/football field, and sand volleyball court; the fields and court are lit for cool evening play
- Music Room with guitars, drums, amplifiers, soundboard, and recording equipment. Many of our students are interested in music and can learn and practice during music workshops and free time. The music room has a large deck where students put on concerts on New Year’s Eve and during other special events
- Art room that includes a pottery wheel and kiln
- New! State-of-the-art schoolroom, complete with a computer lab, three traditional school rooms, large conference room with podium and projector, library, and teacher's lounge.
- New! We have renovated one of the old adobe homes on property to be our new clinical office space.
- New! We have added a 1200 sqft Crossfit/Fitness gym
The student cottages allow us to provide a home-like environment that encourages peer interaction and the development of essential life skills. Along with the Old West flavor, the In Balance Ranch provides a sense of adventure that teen boys find exciting – not your typical therapeutic setting.