We are now hiring for qualified therapists, life coaches and teachers. Please email email@example.com if you are interested.
In Balance Ranch, located near Sierra Vista, AZ, is a therapeutic boarding school for adolescent boys affected by substance abuse. We are looking for an experienced skilled clinician who is self-motivated and works well in a team environment. Pay is competitive. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 3 weeks of PTO per year, and 401K.
Qualifications: Masters degree in Human Services or Behavioral Health field.
Education/Credentials: Must be able to obtain a fingerprint clearance card. Certified in CPR and First Aid. Valid AZ driver’s license with insurability.
Experience: Two years experience working as counselor with behavioral health population; one of which is specifically with chemical dependency. 12-step experience and working knowledge.
Preferences: CADAC certification.
1. Be 21 years of age and possess a valid AZ driver’s license.
2. Have high school diploma or equivalent.
3. 1st aid and CPR certified.
4. Be able to pass fingerprint clearance, and criminal records search.
5. Have verifiable proof of 2 years of abstinence if you have a history of chemical dependency.
1. Experience as MHT, BHT, Crisis Counselor, Substance Abuse Counseling, camp counselor, adolescent involved activities, church, after school etc.
2. Able to utilize Treatment plans, shift reports and help evaluate care with other multidisciplinary team members, great communication skills.
3. Maintain confidentiality of students / faculty / employees. Demonstrate understanding of all laws, regulations, company policies and procedures.
4. Prefer knowledge in dealing with students with addictions and behavioral health issues.
1. Make contact with each student assigned to him/her on each shift to check in with how they are doing and continue to reinforce and nurture the relationship based environment.
2. Makes student checks to observe and report pertinent needs and issues of student. Gives student reports in objective and concise manner utilizing required charting format.
3. Co-facilitates therapeutic groups, as instructed, under supervision of therapist and milieu managers.
4. Transports students in facility vehicles safely and in accordance with Arizona D.O.T. laws.
5. Contributes to the assessment of students by reporting to the educational and clinical staff important observations and communications with students in a timely fashion.
6. Handle student and facility emergencies effectively and in accordance with In Balance policies and procedures.
7. Responsible for carrying out duties assigned on a shift to shift basis, working under the direct supervision of the Milieu Managers. Responsible for supervising students and documenting quality of care.